1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A lovely day

Discussion in 'Personal' started by josienig, Feb 14, 2016.

1. josienig

josienig Star commenter

It was such a lovely, bright and sunny day, though bitterly cold..went for beach walk with 13 year old niece. She's excellent company and bounces so many of her scatty and sometimes very serious thoughts off me on our Sunday outings.
    She's so content with her life at the moment and I love her enthusiasm and cheeriness! :)

kibosh, RedQuilt, lindenlea and 2 others like this.
  2. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

Sounds fun. Give us a flavour!

3. Findlotte

Findlotte Established commenter

I've played video games all day and intend to play them all night seeing as it's not a school night :D

kibosh and lanokia like this.
  4. josienig

josienig Star commenter

Eureka! likes this.
  5. Alf58

Alf58 Established commenter

Makes me think of the late Lou Reed song Perfect Day :)

kibosh likes this.
  6. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

Beautiful, bright day here - my spirits are soaring and I hope to drag MrDt out for a walk.
    Minus 7 degrees tomorrow, though!

7. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Yes cold and bright in Warwickshire too. Can I drag myself through pilates class? Better try and then there's a week off choir so I can watch the very entertaining Waldemar Januszczek on tele tonight.

8. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I SO miss the sea. I envy you!! Where I live you cannot get further from the coast!! :(

9. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

I dont care how sunny it is. When it's this cold I HATE IT. Ive been FROZEN today.

Lascarina likes this.
  10. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

I was in Bexhill on Sea on Friday and the sea was a nasty bilious yellow colour and looked v unappealing. We sat watching it from the warmth of the de la Warr Pavilion while we were having delicious lunch. It was bitterly cold and it took me 3 and a half hours to get there because of 'ice on the lines'. I do like to be beside the seaside but I wouldn't want to live near it in this cold weather.

Like xena I have been frozen today. The wind in Kew Gardens was bitter.

Dragonlady30 likes this.
  11. Dunteachin

Dunteachin Star commenter

We had an invigorating walk beside the canal in Marple! It was nice when the sun was out!

12. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

Circuitous walk around Acton Bridge near the Weaver navigation in Cheshire yesterday. When in the sun and out of the wind it was surprisingly warm. Many signs of an early sprieng like lesser celandine (one of the first spring woodland flowers) in evidence. All the little birdies were singing too. Shame I was stuck in pooey work today.

InkyP and kibosh like this.
  13. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Oh I used to love that area. Since all my OH's grandparents have died, we no longer have cause to go over that way. I was only thinking of that canal the other day.

Dunteachin likes this.
  14. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I do like a nice Celandine. Our walk took us up into the snow and we got the chance to do a wee bit of tracking: deer, pheasant we believe, though it could have been another large bird, dogs and figuring out how many people had trod the path before us. Beautiful. But as jacob said, back to being trapped indoors today.

15. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Yes. I like him.

16. josienig

josienig Star commenter

Yes, @Dragonlady30 I'm lucky to live in a beautiful part of the country.
    Niece announced today that she wants
    to be buried at sea when her time comes; apparently it would be better than 'a boring grave'. :)

17. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

I flew a kite
    Badly
    But it was fun

josienig likes this.
  18. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

There's something wonderful about youth. I never felt it at the time, mind...

josienig likes this.
  19. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The new hobby?

20. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I went to the London meet and it was lovely. Today I am meeting a friend for coffee. Tomorrow I am going out with my parents and on Friday I am meeting a different friend for coffee. In between I am going swimming and to Pilates. I will be knackered by the end of the week, but having been ill during my last time off I am determined to make the most of this week!

lindenlea and Lascarina like this.