1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A little help ...

Discussion in 'English' started by maja, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Starting a new job and teaching A2 texts that I haven't taught previously. Have taken a look on here and on teachit for resources but would also appreciate any other resources and sites people could suggest as there doesn't sem to be much about.

Whilst I don't object to re-inventing the wheel, it would be nice to get a little help along the way.

The texts I will be teaching are:

Measure for Measure
    Persuasion - Jane Austen
    Top Girls - Caryl Churchill
    Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf

Not all my first choice of the set texts, but the decisions have already been made. All help gratefully received.

Thanks people.

2. Starting a new job and teaching A2 texts that I haven't taught previously. Have taken a look on here and on teachit for resources but would also appreciate any other resources and sites people could suggest as there doesn't sem to be much about.

Whilst I don't object to re-inventing the wheel, it would be nice to get a little help along the way.

The texts I will be teaching are:

Measure for Measure
    Persuasion - Jane Austen
    Top Girls - Caryl Churchill
    Mrs Dalloway - Virginia Woolf

Not all my first choice of the set texts, but the decisions have already been made. All help gratefully received.

Thanks people.

3. e mail?

4. Hi Maja

Which spec are you doing and which of these are coursework and which exam? I'm not going to promise to write masses of resources for all of these but I'll do my best to produce some for at least a couple ('Measure for Measure' and 'Persuasion' are the most likely) if you like. I'll post them on my website www.morelearning.net - I'm just writing some on 'You don't know me' at the moment but I should be finished soon and then I'll be happy to help out :)

5. Danaljamat, I was initially just asking for links that people knew - but if there are resources that people could mail I would be even more grateful.

majaontes@hotmail.co.uk

Calendar Girl. they are all exam modules for the Cambrige International Spec.

6. Shameless bump...

7. There's some stuff on my site www.hayward.cjb.net
    for M4M. I use the Philip Allen resource file material, which is good and photocopiable if you can get your school to buy it - somewhere around the £90 mark for a big resource file with background, AO4 stuff and activities.