1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A level remark

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by seebee, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Have posted on Classics as well but not sure how busy it is there!
    Despite an A at AS level and a predicted A all through the year, my daughter has come out with a C at A level Classical Civilisation this week. As you can imagine it has been devastating for her and means she missed out on her university place. We were advised to ask for a photocopy of the paper back to check through,before asking for a remark, but it seems the teacher is not available to go through it with her until the beginning of term, and although I am inclined to ask for a priority remark (Can still do that tomorrow I think) I wonder if any of you can point me in the direction of mark schemes/AOs for this subject.What kind of things were the examiners looking for? I think it will be too late for a place at uni this year but she just wants closure and reassurance on why she did so badly when this was her best subject. She achieved all her other grades as predicted. Thank you.

2. Have posted on Classics as well but not sure how busy it is there!
    Despite an A at AS level and a predicted A all through the year, my daughter has come out with a C at A level Classical Civilisation this week. As you can imagine it has been devastating for her and means she missed out on her university place. We were advised to ask for a photocopy of the paper back to check through,before asking for a remark, but it seems the teacher is not available to go through it with her until the beginning of term, and although I am inclined to ask for a priority remark (Can still do that tomorrow I think) I wonder if any of you can point me in the direction of mark schemes/AOs for this subject.What kind of things were the examiners looking for? I think it will be too late for a place at uni this year but she just wants closure and reassurance on why she did so badly when this was her best subject. She achieved all her other grades as predicted. Thank you.

3. Thank you - have decided to go for a remark, but will try to get my head around this!