1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A - Level Physics Courses - which is better??

Discussion in 'Science' started by isabellamistry, May 31, 2012.

1. Hi All

As per my previous post with regards to A-level Chemistry, we are also offering A-level Physics for the first time next September.

Any advice towards which exam board, and then courses by that exam board to go for?

Erring towards OCR A for Physics

Thanks!

2. Hi All

As per my previous post with regards to A-level Chemistry, we are also offering A-level Physics for the first time next September.

Any advice towards which exam board, and then courses by that exam board to go for?

Erring towards OCR A for Physics

Thanks!

3. I've taught several different A level Physics courses over the years.
    I find AQA Physics A very straightforward to follow and the coursework (ISA) very realistic. I'll be using this specification when my new school introduces A Level Physics in September.

4. DonutBoy99

DonutBoy99 New commenter

AQA A gets my vote!

5. alm721

alm721 New commenter

mine too.

6. which ever one you take, you'll be changing in September 2014 when the new A Levels come out, so go with whatever seems easiest to pick up at this stage.

7. Superdean

Superdean New commenter

Whatever course you teach, you'll find that the so called dedicated textbooks are outdated and written for the students of the 80's. The only student friendly book I have found is 'Advanced Physics for You' by Keith Johnson et al. Waste of money buying two ( one for AS and another for A2!) books which students see as difficult and almost useless.

8. swissboris

swissboris New commenter

Agree with Superdean's choice of Advanced Physics for You. Covers AS and A2 and is straightforward and easy to follow.