1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Level PE - Skill Aq

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by lollypink, May 10, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I am soon to be teaching skill aq for the first time, I wondered if anyone has got any bright ideas on how to make what seems like quite a dry module more practical and interesting??

Any ideas warmly welcomed!

Thanks x

2. Caroline_p3

Caroline_p3 New commenter

skill acq is not dry at all, it is fasinating!
    I taught it for the first time this year and loved it! The pupils find it the hardest out of the 3 areas as it is all completely new to them but i have 15 tough boys who have all enjoyed learning the material.

3. ah I'm glad they found it interesting! Did you make it really practical? and How so?
    Thanks

4. Caroline_p3

Caroline_p3 New commenter

No i never felt the need to make it really practical (don't have the space, time or huge need), i made up my own games such as 'who wants to be a millionaire' and made pyramid games using maths software.

Played a couple of little practical games in classroom for memory and performance curves. There are other suggestions on the specification but it depends on the time you have, i only had one hour a week to cover the syllabus, and the year 12s go on study leave next week and i have only just finished with a few lessons to spare for revision (as have all the other teachers).
    I made my own powerpoint for each topic, used LOTS of you tube videos for examples, tried to make as much as possible relevant to them and high profile sports personalities.
    Its a really great module to teach.