1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Level Media - Teaching Activities

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by dylan83, Apr 29, 2011.

1. I've been teaching the OCR spec this year and since Jan have been doing the institutions and audiences section. Pretty much every lesson has been either me going through a powerpoint (and asking questions etc of course, or sending them off to do research on their case studies. It's getting a bit dull - although thankfully we're onto timed essays and things now.
    I'm thinking about how to teach this next year in a way that doesn't just involve powerpoints and going through theory. How do others teach their A Level lessons? Is there much alternative to chalk & talk, other than getting them to do research?

2. Did you attend any of the OCR conferences this year? Do you have the stuff that they gave out at them? If not, PM me your email and I'll post you everything I have.

3. Thanks so much- I've sent you a PM with my email address :)

4. I've just emailed you- I only have stuff on the music industry bit of this as that is all we teach- is that any good to you?

5. Hi,
    I will start to teach OCR media studies a level too in September.
    Would it be possible to send this material to me as well;
    betulisik@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

6. CarolineEm

CarolineEm New commenter

dougleman, are you a member of mediaedu.co.uk? They have quite a few resources for music industry, through GCSE and right up to A level. Well worth having a look, and they are also happy to respond to teacher requests and commission work if they don't already have it...
    Hope this helps

7. I agree - try their blogs too. If you comment the editor will get back to you directly which is nice!