1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A-Level lesson ideas - help!

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by abell4, Nov 24, 2011.

1. I am an NQT Spanish teacher and teach two really lovely and bright Y12 and Y13 groups. The school's A Level language classes seem to go along the lines of ''here is an article related to a topic, put the paragraphs in order/ write some headlines/ match the summary to the paragraph/ write your own summary, find these words, find synonyms, andwer these reading comp questions and than you good bye''. I really struggle with this every lesson as i feel like it's boring them. They really enjoy debates and responded so well to an interactive activity i designed for them to work on online.

Any ideas/ suggestions/ links to how to make my lessons more varied and interesting while still challenging and stretching them would be amazing.

Thanks!

2. spsmith45

spsmith45 New commenter

Martin is right. Very often A-level students don't have much world knowledge so need teaching about topics before they can have opinions on them. A2 is like general studies through the medium of a foreign language. That is part of the fun of it.