1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Level Italian - which textbook?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by flinty28, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Hi, we have a girl in our school who speaks Italian at home and she is going to be doing her AS and A level Italian in the next couple of years. We have an Italian TA who is willing to support her but we need a textbook as well to give some structure to her studies and ensure she's working on the right things. However, we're not sure which would be the best textbook to get. Could anyone let me know which textbooks you use for A Level Italian in your schools? The board will be Edexcel. Thanks

2. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy New commenter

You haven't had a reply, which is unfortunate. I expect it's cos not many schools do Italian A level in the UK - a shame, as it's such a glorious language and quite easy. But not so useful in the world, of course...
    May I suggest that you contact a school that does A level Italian and ask for their HoD MFL? Google should help.

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I think there was a thread on it quite recently if you do a search...

4. I've only just seen this post. We used to offer AS and A level Italian until this year. We found that there was no such thing as one good text book. if you look at the Edexcel editable SOW http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce08/lang/italian/Pages/default.aspx it shows the use of various resources in order to cover the course. There was a new text book being launched for Irish schools and I seem to remember that it looked rather good .. it's called In bocca al lupo and it's published by Authentik [i think]. i'll try and find a link for you and post it shortly.

5. Thank you all for your help. I've found the previous thread and, wacael, the links you posted have been very helpful. Looks like we might have to dip in and out of a number of things to cover everything. Thanks again.