1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A-Level History Tutors - Help wanted.

Discussion in 'History' started by rachdgooner81, Nov 7, 2019.

1. rachdgooner81

rachdgooner81 New commenter

Good afternoon

Please forgive the intrusion on your forum.

I am currently working towards my degree at University and I have an assignment I really need help with.

One of my current modules has the need for us to design and develop a project that we find inspirational and innovative. My idea was to develop a magazine for A-Level (16-18 year olds) History students. Looking at my own feelings about History when I was 16-18 I realised how much I disliked it due to how much I felt like I was confused by it at times (even though I love it now). I decided to take a look around current magazines and found the market catered for those who are very much into history (BBC History, All About History, etc) and under 12s with Horrible Histories but there is nothing really targeted to the 16-18 age range.

I am trying to develop a magazine that could be used in schools and colleges (limited physical editions but mainly online) that would help the tutors as well as the students. I am trying to think outside the box and I have been inspired by the style of Adbusters magazine which seems to grab attention with images more than words.

I have gathered over 60 responses from students within the target audience age range so I know what they would like to see in the magazine but I am very interested in gathering the thoughts of tutors.

I would be very grateful if you could complete this 6 question long survey for me on Survey Monkey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Y5BF2HM

I wish to thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Rachel