1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A level French

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by tibidabo, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Hi there
    Has anyone ever taught Year 12 and Year 13 French at the same time? Have you ever been asked to do so? We have been told that we will have x6 lessons next year, but we will have to teach Y12 and Y13 at the same time! How does this work???
    It seems like madness to me and I don't feel it is manageable, but would like to know if anyone has made it work?
    Merci!

2. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

I agree, and if I were a parent of a child placed in this class I'd have a few questions to ask the SLT at that school.
    [​IMG]

3. chriszwinter1

chriszwinter1 New commenter

4. Thank you very much for your reply Siegen81to82 and the link. It has given me a couple of ideas. Obviously we want the languages to run and teaching them vertically looks like the only option. We are certainly going to have to encourage them to be more independent learners!

T [​IMG]

5. steveglover

steveglover New commenter

Try Nathalie and I's alevelfrench.com A*ttitudes materials which are designed at least partly with that eventuality in mind. Each unit follows a similar pattern so students know exactly what they've got to do at all times. There is also an individual learning plan for them to maintain to help them self evaluate how they are going on. Oh and full marking schemes so as they become more independent they can check the answers to their own work.