1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Level fieldwork location?

Discussion in 'Geography' started by prettybear, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Hello everyone

Pretty new to this forum, but I am a head of dept looking to 'sex' up my fieldwork for A Level. Currently I have two residential trips during year 12 (one to Wales, one to Yorkshire) but I am thinking of changing to one more glamorous location.

What locations do you go to for your fieldwork and would you recommend it?

Thanks!

2. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

It all depends on what you need to achieve from the fieldwork. Is it to support an exam targeted specifically at fieldwork or is it to support other A-level content?

3. Hi egyptgirl

The fieldwork is needed to support the geo skills paper for OCR and I will also be taking my year 12 IB students along so that they can collect data for their internal assessment. i have had quotes for an Iceland trip (but it is slightly too pricey for the number of students I have and I am not convinced that it would offer robust enough fieldwork for the IB).

I am interested in where other schools go for A Level fieldwork to give me an idea of where I can go. I have seen Morocco and South France as the only options online for a FSC centre type set up......

Thanks!