1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A level Fashion and Textiles

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by escobar, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Hello,
    My school is thinking about starting a fashion or Textiles course at sixth form, and I am doing some research. Does anyone teach fashion or textiles at A level or any other 16+ course?
    Please could you anyone help by giving me information or even just the examination board as I can look it up myself.
    Many thanks in advance.

2. I am interested in teaching A level fashion and Texiles

Funmi Akingbade

3. Hi
    Yes, I teach 16+ fashion at a further education college - we use Edexcel as our awarding body and teach a level 3 advanced diploma.
    All our lecturers are qualified at BA level with a fashion or texile qualification and then have teaching and MA degrees on top.
    I would say the qual is very hands on and many of the students have the opportunity to move in different directions with their studies - i.e, fashion styling, merchendising, manufacture, marketing and management. As long as you have the teachers with as many skills as possible in the area you should be fine!