1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A-Level English Language

Discussion in 'English' started by vitet, Jan 30, 2012.

1. I take my students to St John's College library, in Cambridge every year. The librarian there is very helpful and prepares a talk on language change. PM me if you want contact details for the librarian.

2. The Archive at the National Theatre is free to access and they can arrange screenings of past productions, as well as the chance to imrpove their research skills by looking at different productions of the same plays, reviews of productions and programme neotes stretching back over the last 50yrs.

3. The British library organise a whole series of tours and talks, which are excellent. You don't say what you're studying but the Globe theatre is also very good with tours, talks and a really interesting museum. If you are doing any poetry the Keats House is lovely with lots of resources.