1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Level Computing

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by KevMitson, Apr 30, 2011.

1. I am sure this has been asked before but, our school is looking to switch from OCR Level 3 and WJEC AS/A2 level ICT to computing.
    From experince what provider would some of you suggest. So far I have looked at the AQA and OCR courses both of which look very good can anyone suggest what works best?
    thanks
    Kev

2. I'm a fan of the OCR Computing course. AS year very straightforward, no coursework and easy to cover in 5 hours a week. A2 involves one project and one exam, both easy to attack. There are plenty of resources for the topics, marking is consistent and support is very good. We moved away from rubbishy ICT courses at post 16 level a few years ago and have never looked back.

3. many thanks just the sort of advice i am after !

kev

4. very good point, To point out I am not the Subject leader but am the subject expert and like you say I feel some of the other ICT teachers would struggle to teach some of the computing elements. Thanks for your advice

Kev