1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Level Chemistry Help!

Discussion in 'Science' started by freesia1982, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Sorry for lack of paragraphs as on the phone. I agree, past paper qs and Mark schemes are great! Helped me immensely with my first year teaching A Level last year (I was sole teacher too). Also found making them available for students AFTER you have seen HW really helped them to understand what the examiner wants. Read spec carefully and tackle resources a topic at a time for now. Set out topic outline and have a look on here for resources. If you start doing bits at a time now, you won't have to spend all your time planning next year.
    Give loads of practice questions in lessons and for HW. I am in the process of making loads of question packs for a different spec, but if you pm me I will happily share when they're done. Wish I'd had help last year but was left to do a maternity cover withnothing but the spec as the other teacher wanted me to fail. For what it's worth I didn't and have learned to help others where possible. Oh and don't expect them to act like adults (I have a large class of lazy boys in one y12) and employ the same strict guidelines with lack of work, instead of detention they have to leave until it is done appropriately-something my HOD told me to do. Good luck