1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A level biology

Discussion in 'Science' started by llissalla, Jul 12, 2018.

1. llissalla

llissalla New commenter

Hello,

Does anyone teach year 12 and 13 at the same time. Our school is moving to 6 sessions a week with 5 of these being joint lessons with both year 12 and 13. We are struggling to map out a rota for the content due to topics needing to know year 12 content to be taught before they can do it. Does anyone else do anything similar and how does it work? Me and my HOD are currently banging our heads against the wall!!!

Thanks

install likes this.
  2. rehaank

rehaank Occasional commenter

Wait you mean year 12 and year 13 in the same class!? How does that work?? And further that's a bit **** isn't it?

Or do you mean separate classes on at the same time? In which case i don't see the problem as there's separate topics for Year 12 and separate for year 13?

3. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

I think I remember a discussion about this long ago. I recommend you join the Biotutor forum where there is lots of knowledge and experience on tap. Go to www.biology4all.com to find out more.

4. klh2806

klh2806 New commenter

I did last year, it wasn’t possible to teach together, all lessons where students working on activities and me running round like mad trying to find the misconceptions etc. The grades where not as good as I expected and I’m sure this played a role.

5. install

install Star commenter

Yes - don't even try and teach yr12 and 13 at the same time. Someone somewhere is trying to save money and this is a step too too far

needabreak and rehaank like this.