1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Level Art and Design Textiles Project Briefs

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by fashion4me, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Can anyone help me! Its the first year that I will be teaching A-Level textiles. What projects brief do you recommend and does anyone have any sow or advice to give me!

3. Lucieb40

Lucieb40 New commenter

Hi

If you are really struggling, sometimes its easier to use past exam papers. But sometimes your students come up with their own briefs and can usually develop from them with guidance. In my experience students will choose a topic that interests them and in the past I have had projects stemming from the theme of Fairytales, family portraits, treasure, structures, circus...etc. You will only need to guide them through the course as they should have many of the skills from A/S.

Skills base could include felting, weaving, map work/collage, tyvek-printed and painted, sublimation printing and garment construction, depending on what they have covered in the past.

I have some bits and bobs that I can sort through and send you...but really they should be able to choose their own briefs and rely on you for guidance and skills base development.

Let me know if you would like more info.

Hope this helps!

Lu

4. Hi Lu

I am just about to start A2 Textiles and although I helped my students create their AS design briefs I am struggling with A2. I am worried that I might get it wrong. Would you have any advice or are there any resources I could use

Best wishes Tricia

triciaghancox@aol.com