1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Level and GCSE exam assessment experiences

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by Kennethwillaim, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Kennethwillaim

Kennethwillaim New commenter

Hello all
    I am working on a dissertation concerning possible problems with subjectivity in the GCSE and A Level examination processes and I would be grateful for your help in completing a short questionnaire.

I am interested in the differences between a moderator compared with a visiting examiner experience. The new specifications for examination classes will use both approaches but from my research so far it appears that there is a lack of objectivity in the visiting examiner process and I wish to compare the transparency and fairness of the two methods of assessment.

You will be aiding my research in order to obtain a fuller overview of the experience of practising Drama and Theatre Studies teachers at examination level and the impact on how confidently teachers are in their assessment of and predictions for all year groups from KS3-5.

It would therefore be very useful to have the input of a range of KS3, GCSE and A Level teachers to inform my research – can you help, please?!

All responses are anonymous and entirely confidential.

I would welcome your contributions and would be very grateful if you could spare the time to complete a short questionnaire by following this link:
    http://goo.gl/forms/x1lsYNRIYd

An information sheet is also attached.
    I can be contacted at ken.lawrence@kcl.ac.uk if you have further questions.

Thank you in advance.

Ken Lawrence

Attached Files: