1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A letter from my credit card company....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by BelleDuJour, Mar 22, 2011.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

' Dear Belle,
    As part of our ongoing customer service policy, we have reviewed the interest rates charged to all our customers, and have made the following change to the interest charges on your account. The reason we have changed the interest rate is to help you manage your finances more effectively.
    Your interest rate will increase from 21st July 2011.
    You are currently paying 16.97% pa
    Your new interest rate will be 24.97% pa
    If you are not happy with this change in interest rates, please contact us and we will keep your rate at the current level, but you will no longer be able to use your card and will need to pay off the balance in due course.
    Yours sincerely
    Wankerbank'
    Dear Wankerbamk,
    Well, guess what guys? I am not happy so keep my rate at the extortionate 16.97% please, rather than the super extortionate 24.97%.
    Oh....and in case you haven't noticed, I've not used the card for over a year and AM paying off the balance AND have not missed a payment. So go on, stop me from using my card and go see what difference it (doesn't) makes to my life!
    And while you're at it, please explain to me how, if you do think I am in financial 'difficulties' raising my interest rate will actually help me in any way?
    Thank you.
    Yours sincerely.
    Belle x

2. What a perculiar name for a bank.

3. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

this one?
    [​IMG]

4. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Brilliant Elfie! [​IMG]

5. How did you find that?!

6. *considers saying something about deposits and withdrawals*
    *thinks better of it*

7. Yea had that too ( the letter[​IMG]).
    What it really means is that too many of their customers are defaulting, and that you are a good credit risk, so why not extract a bit more from you?
    Some people will not bother to read their letters or can't afford not to have the credit, so they have them.

8. Very unprofessional of the bank.

They should have called you Ms. De Jour.

Did you tell them that you owned Dorset?

:¬))

9. Well Belle I am not in your spending bracket as I can't afford any of our counties (not even Rutland) but my lovely card issuer has sent me letters recently informing me that my outstanding balance (currently ZERO) will attract ZERO interest until November and that any future purchases (there won't be any) will also attract ZERO interest until November and today I got an email offering ZERO interest on ANY balance transfers from other cards ( I haven't got any).

So I owe them nothing, I will never owe them anything so they are kindly giving me 0% interest on nothing. Clever that.