1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A kid slapped another one in the face during my Ofsted observation!!!

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by wrldtrvlr123, Jun 11, 2011.

1. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

At least it wasn't during the starter! That would have made for an awkward and almost surreal rest of the lesson.

2. At least it wasn't the inspector they slapped!! [​IMG]

3. My colleague went into the cupboard to get the tub of cellulose glue that they had pre mixed to use for the papier mache....it had gone off and stank out the classroom. Cue children heaving and the teacher having to whisk her class outside and do an impromptu outdoor lesson while the smell in the classroom disipated.

4. During an inspection, four of my more 'lively' bottom set Year 11 decided to leg it out of my classroom to tell the inspectors 'just what we think of this f***ing school'. Cue frantic calls between SMT to round up the little gang and corral them in an empty classroom. Thankfully, SMT reached them before they could find the inspectors.

5. This happens all the time. Inspectors aren't stupid. If a school really is bad, it won't need a gang of kids to confirm it. Conversely, they'll be able to tell if a school really isn't that bad when a group of kids comes to them with the 'bad news'.
    It will be interesting with the new framework though, because there will be systems for parents to express concerns online. This could prompt a lot of inspections on the basis of parental complaints, which are now rare

6. laydeedah

laydeedah New commenter

My TA at the time told a pupil who was being disruptive to go and sit by the inspector......:)

7. internationalschools

internationalschools New commenter

In my NQT year, I was observed teaching a bottom set Year 8 class. One boy started singing the "Inspector Gadget" theme tune loudly, and that was only one part of the constant disruption. Luckily I was seen twice more, and got a good and an outstanding for the other 2 lessons!