1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A hypothetical priority setting task: Any advice/ideas welcome.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Herb82, Dec 6, 2011.

1. <font face="Calibri">I am a final year Primary Ed QTS student and we have been set a task to put 7 issues in priority order (we have to approach them as though we are an NQT). This is a brief outline of the issues and what I have decided. I just wondered if anyone could offer any advice/ideas about what they think.</font>1.
    Thank you in advance!

2. Really don't know why it has posted all mixed up like that? [​IMG]

3. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Sounds about right. Not sure I'd be quite as worried about the headlice outbreak although your reaction - a general letter from the office - would be the correct one. Maybe also a calm word with parent concerned stating that you wouldn't be attempting to find out who they caught them from, nor would you be passing this on. I don't think we're even allowed to write directly to the parents of children with lice these days - which is quite silly, but them's the rules.
    With regards to your first point, you would also refer the matter to your Child Protection Officer (or whatever it's recently been changed to) - probably your head, deputy or both.

4. I think you have done a fine job. With issue 1 - would you consider just asking the child informally something like "You look tired today, where you in a rush this morning or where you up late last night?" As it is an unusual occurance they may just tell you that they had international visitors, a burst water pipe, another child taken to hospital etc etc last night which can explain without having to launch a spanish inquisition with other staff.

5. Henriettawasp

Henriettawasp New commenter

Hmm. I would certainly put 3 (head lice) further down the priority list.

6. Thank you, that's really helpful. Hard to know really when you've never really been faced with it but I guess it's what I have to look forward to [​IMG] Thank's for taking the time to respond.

7. Hum, we've all been wondering about that one. Wasn't sure whether it was a child welfare issue?
    Thanks