1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A handy tip - Fairy/ Bold laundry sachet empty containers are fab

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Hedda Gabler, Jan 27, 2011.

1. I just love these empty containers for sachets of laundry detergent - they are free storage for all those craft bits and bobs and they are transparent, and they stack.
    They are fab containers for the sand and water= they come in different sizes for capacity.
    You could probably grow seeds in them and watch the roots
    If you keep the lids on them they will stack
    Have I convinced you.
    Get your parents collecting them now

2. I just love these empty containers for sachets of laundry detergent - they are free storage for all those craft bits and bobs and they are transparent, and they stack.
    They are fab containers for the sand and water= they come in different sizes for capacity.
    You could probably grow seeds in them and watch the roots
    If you keep the lids on them they will stack
    Have I convinced you.
    Get your parents collecting them now

3. inky

inky Lead commenter

Thank you for the tip, Hedda.
    My local supermarket used to do free drinks tastings. Only a teacher would hae done what I did - ask for the bag of 'empties' to take home to wash in the bath and use as disposable glue pots! That's my answering tip, if anyone happens upon a free tasting.

4. Free drink tastings- I am all for that. Hicc
    Hope you swigged your fair share in the effort to create more disposable glue pots for your class.
    It is Friday evening and the sun is down over the yard arm so I raise my glue pot to you to wish you a good weekend,

5. frustum

frustum Lead commenter

Love the tastings idea.
    In secondary, we had coffee in polystyrene cups at parents evenings, which one teacher would then round up for use in his greenhouse.

I'd be lost without takeaway containers - the plastic dishwasherable ones that have replaced the old foil ones at our local Chinese. Again, stackable, transparent, and just right for lots of bits and pieces.

6. I've worked in lots of schools where they've used the washing powder tablet little drawstring bags to store sets of things like digit cards, packs of 20 unifix cubes for each child and the like.

7. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

My husband has long since ceased to be embarrassed by my scavenging ways. Last year he ran a 10k race for charity and I went round the pub afterwards begging the silver foil blanket things off everyone - great for our 'Space' topic and many other things.

8. My best finds have been in skips. children's bikes(I did knock 1st to ask about them), child sized broom, lobster pot to name a few things.