1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A good tricky word mat for Year 2?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Dalian Daisy, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Hiya,
    I made my own word mat eons ago that were alphabetical so ch could easily look up the word they were trying to write but I cannot for the life of me find where I saved it. Before I restart I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good one they use for Year 2 or point me in a good website direction ( I don't want to use ********** for obvious reasons)
    Thanks!!!

2. Hiya,
    I made my own word mat eons ago that were alphabetical so ch could easily look up the word they were trying to write but I cannot for the life of me find where I saved it. Before I restart I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good one they use for Year 2 or point me in a good website direction ( I don't want to use ********** for obvious reasons)
    Thanks!!!

3. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

Yes, I'm sure there is one on here which prints off on 2 sides. On one side are the numbers and colours, and on the oth r is the HFW. It's also adaptable which is great as i added a few numbers and also changed a few words for my class. Now, where's the link...give me 5...

4. FenellaF

FenellaF New commenter

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Word-Table-help-mats-Y2-Y3-6009209/

hope that's some use

5. Brilliant FenellaF!!! Thank you soo much, just what I needed and I like the suggestion of printing it in sassoon font so they can see the letter formation.
    Thank you again!