1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A good story to use in RE on leaders and teachers?

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by fcodd, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I'm looking for a good story to use in a Year 1 RE lesson about why it isn't always a good idea to follow others/to think carefully about who we choose as role models and leaders. I'd be most grateful for any suggestions? Many thanks!

2. I'm looking for a good story to use in a Year 1 RE lesson about why it isn't always a good idea to follow others/to think carefully about who we choose as role models and leaders. I'd be most grateful for any suggestions? Many thanks!

3. One that children enjoy is the Buddhist Jataka story of the 'timid rabbit/hare' http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/jt/jt11.htm where all the animals start running because of a rumour. It's nice to act out in the playground too!

4. Amazing, thank you!

5. Why not use Michael a great children's story book that can be used to raise great philosophical questions even in year 1. Could be linked into Jesus and how he followed god not the authorities if you want a distinct religious link.

6. Chicken Licken works well, and it is a familiar story. You have impulsive decisions, followers who don't question and leaders who deliberately mislead you (Foxy Loxy).

7. How about Cardinal Brady?