1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A good film clip of an alien chase (+more techy help!)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by skt107, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Hi all!
    I wonder if anybody can help. I have a literacy/ICT observation coming up and am thinking of getting the children to write an effective action paragraph. I was thinking of showing them a film clip of an alien chase with a really boring voice over and asking them to improve the voice over.
    My first question is, does anyone know where I can find a good clip of an alien chase?
    Secondly, some techy help! How can I remove the sound and record mine (or the children's!) voices over it?
    Thank you in advance!

2. Hi all!
    I wonder if anybody can help. I have a literacy/ICT observation coming up and am thinking of getting the children to write an effective action paragraph. I was thinking of showing them a film clip of an alien chase with a really boring voice over and asking them to improve the voice over.
    My first question is, does anyone know where I can find a good clip of an alien chase?
    Secondly, some techy help! How can I remove the sound and record mine (or the children's!) voices over it?
    Thank you in advance!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. thepinkrachael

thepinkrachael New commenter

Don't know about the chase scene, but soundwise could you turn the volume to mute on the video and have a CD recording of your voiceover playing alongside? Others may have an easier or better idea, but it might work and not too much technological know-how involved!

5. Thank you! I just had a quick look and I think avatar is a PG-13 so should probably avoid it! That's the kind of thing I'm looking for though! Any more ideas?

6. Stiltskin

Stiltskin Occasional commenter

You could use the chase sequences from Star Wars (maybe the pod sequence from episode 1).

You can edit the clips in Windows Movie Maker, adding your own audio over the top.

If you need a program to record your audio use Audacity , which is free and easy enough to use (my year 6 have used it for podcasting).

7. Men in Black - not sure of the rating though