1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A good day out.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by rosievoice, Sep 14, 2012.

1. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Mr Voice fancies a good day out tomorrow, Saturday, but is lacking ideas.
    We are happy to travel any distance. I am not going to state any parameters, locations or preferences, and hope one of you fine Tessers out there can supply me with some unique suggestions, please.
    A bottle of Bauble's finest for each suggestion, and a glimpse of his big thing to the winner.
    Many thanks. xx

2. It depends where you are. After the second to last line of your post I am trying very carefully not to give a good suggestion - Bauble has already made my spit tea all over my keyboard today.
    You could visit the Richard 3 burial site or re-enact the battle of Bosworth hill.

3. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

..or maybe the slightly better-known Battle of Bosworth Field?

4. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

Stonehenge. Coffee shop, brisk walk, self educational, spiritually inspiring.

5. Dartmouth because it is beautiful and the Tour of Britain ends up there tomorrow.

6. The tea shop in Lower Slaughter, Cotswolds. Broadway Tower in Broadway, Cotswolds.

7. I'd avoid it for a bit actually. They're re-routeing the roads and building the new visitor centre - absolute bedlam!
    Look at National Trust properties and see if there are any special events on? Some of them are surprisingly fun.

8. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

atrip to Brighton-pier. seaside and fish and chips.

9. scienceteacha

scienceteacha New commenter

A good long walk on Cannock Chase and a visit to Shugborough.

10. rosievoice

Thank you. More ideas needed. So far the <strike>computer</strike> husband says "No".

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

York - just because it's York.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Picnic in Greenwhich Park, take a trip down the Thames to Westminster. National Gallery, British Museum, west end show, home.

13. Bu88er, the husband was right - I couldn't be bothered to look it up. I've just had to admit failure.

14. Nice - my aunty used to live near there and we used to do that. Many years ago.

15. rosievoice

Was in York three weeks ago, and have done Cannock and Shugborough many times.....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

So not York.
    The Full Monty Tour in Sheffield?
    Haworth
    Goole Waterway Museum

17. Slimbridge....watch out for the Bewick swans that are just starting to arrive

18. If you're around the midlands and into wildlife, The Chestnut Centre. It's a nature reserve set in beautiful grounds not far form Chatsworth (Also a lovely day out!) Lots of otters, owls, pinemartens, wild cats...all sorts. I love the place.

19. The lost gardens of Heligan