1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A gem I found on the BBC wireless

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Duke of York, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Last night while the site was offline, I looked at what the Internet wireless offered instead and came across Bigipedia on the iplayer. Have any of you listened to it?

It takes a satirical and very funny look at the way the Internet has developed, using an imaginary combination of what Wikipedia, Google and everything else goes on and we're part of, drawn into a futuristic site where searches and the following of links are automated, whilst being combined with the adverts that pay these sites wages,

Well worth a listen. I know I've come to this party late, since I've been listening to repeats from 2011, but they're just as relevant as ever, if not even more so, from experiencing the way things progressed intervening years.

You've got just a few weeks left to catch up on all series 2 starting with the first edition which expires in six days. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012ff7w