1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Friendship Across Time

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by durgamata, Mar 19, 2011.

1. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hi Guys,
    I did a workshop on Thursday which linked the question ' What is Religion' with time travel. We went back to Stone Age times and created Cave Paintings.

As one of the resources for this, I was able to dig out some essays written about ten years ago by some of my year 9 students. I was hoping that the RE teacher whose class I was working with, would be able to read this to her class and set some imaginative written work around the theme with the children who were not working on the artwork with me. (I was taking out small groups for half an hour at a time.)

In fact the teacher found a 'real book' which covers the same idea, a boy goes back in time and meets up with a stone-age tribe who show him everything. She preferred to use that as it had pictures in it and her year 2 class is more used to stories with pictures.

The workshop went really well and I will upload some resources related to it later, but for now I have just uploaded a copy of the story, 'A Friendship Across Time' which I think many will enjoy and which can be used with all age-groups from KS 1 to KS4 both as an English resource and as a resource for Religious Education. I hope to track down the author who will be adult now, and see if she would like to work on it and prepare it for a possible publication.

I hope you enjoy it and find it useful. Do remember to give feedback and comments/rating etc. This is important in enabling other people to find suitable resources.

2. durgamata

sorry for forgetting to put in the codes to split up the paragraphs -

3. durgamata

Just a note to say I wrote a bit about the Workshop under Spirited Arts - and will put a copy of that on My Resources when I upload some of the material used for my workshop -

4. durgamata

Hello again,

I have just added a second story from another girl in the class about Time Travel. While perhaps not as 'deep and comprehensive' a response to the brief, this one is also interesting as the author reflects on her own questions and wonders whether the 'Druid-Man' she had encountered could have answered her questions.

I have also started a file on last weeks Workshop including a brief report on my workshop from the RE coordinator who will be sending it with some photos to the local paper and an outline of materials used.

give me a pm if you would like to know more, and hurry if you would like to make the best of this RE Month Special Offer of free workshops.