1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A FREE teaching techniques book to download

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by MFCowan, Jun 24, 2012.

1. My new book- Techniques for Top Teaching ? is available to download for FREE for three days until the (early) morning of Tuesday 25th June 2012 onto all kindle supported devices ? kindle itself, kindle apps for iphone, ipad and the kindle computer programme. If you have never used kindle before, the programme is very easy (and free) to download for your computer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008E0J16M/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1340533523&sr=1-1

Techniques for Top Teaching is a collection of more than 80 ideas of starters, plenaries and main lesson activities which can be used across different subjects and across the ability and age range. A guide is given for each technique on how it can be used, extensions to the activities, how long they will take to prepare and how long they would last in a lesson context. Whilst a few of the techniques are familiar techniques that are given a new slant or twist, the vast majority of techniques are original and ones I have conjured up when racking my brains for something different or in a mad moment where something has occurred to me and I?ve actually remembered (or had a pen to hand) to write it down!

Whilst I don?t want to bore everyone, some background as to how the book has ended up on kindle is probably helpful. Having had both football and teaching books published in recent years, Techniques for Top Teaching was submitted and accepted for publication two years ago by a small educational publisher having been well received by the publishers? teacher reviewers and the company itself. I had a date for publication but sadly the company involved suddenly fell into financial difficulties and all publications were frozen. I fell into publishing limbo and finally am now able to take the publication down a different route. I decided on kindle for several reasons. Firstly, the book is far cheaper for people to purchase. The real joy for me is the thought that some of these techniques may be used in lots of different classrooms and hopefully make a difference to teachers and students. By setting my own price, this hopefully opens it up to a larger market.

I can also make the book free for a limited period on kindle ? hence this posting.

These techniques are not put together in a university lab, but have been organically grown in my own classroom. Much in the same way as you might browse the supermarket shelves to pick up the things you think you?d like, these techniques will hopefully offer a pick and mix of things that different people will find useful.

If you do download it I hope that you like the book and find it of practical assistance. My final plea would be that if you do like it, please do spread the word and let others know. If you could even put something positive on Amazon?s review system, even better!

Thanks in advance

Mark Cowan

2. My new book- Techniques for Top Teaching ? is available to download for FREE for three days until the (early) morning of Tuesday 25th June 2012 onto all kindle supported devices ? kindle itself, kindle apps for iphone, ipad and the kindle computer programme. If you have never used kindle before, the programme is very easy (and free) to download for your computer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008E0J16M/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1340533523&sr=1-1

Techniques for Top Teaching is a collection of more than 80 ideas of starters, plenaries and main lesson activities which can be used across different subjects and across the ability and age range. A guide is given for each technique on how it can be used, extensions to the activities, how long they will take to prepare and how long they would last in a lesson context. Whilst a few of the techniques are familiar techniques that are given a new slant or twist, the vast majority of techniques are original and ones I have conjured up when racking my brains for something different or in a mad moment where something has occurred to me and I?ve actually remembered (or had a pen to hand) to write it down!

Whilst I don?t want to bore everyone, some background as to how the book has ended up on kindle is probably helpful. Having had both football and teaching books published in recent years, Techniques for Top Teaching was submitted and accepted for publication two years ago by a small educational publisher having been well received by the publishers? teacher reviewers and the company itself. I had a date for publication but sadly the company involved suddenly fell into financial difficulties and all publications were frozen. I fell into publishing limbo and finally am now able to take the publication down a different route. I decided on kindle for several reasons. Firstly, the book is far cheaper for people to purchase. The real joy for me is the thought that some of these techniques may be used in lots of different classrooms and hopefully make a difference to teachers and students. By setting my own price, this hopefully opens it up to a larger market.

I can also make the book free for a limited period on kindle ? hence this posting.

These techniques are not put together in a university lab, but have been organically grown in my own classroom. Much in the same way as you might browse the supermarket shelves to pick up the things you think you?d like, these techniques will hopefully offer a pick and mix of things that different people will find useful.

If you do download it I hope that you like the book and find it of practical assistance. My final plea would be that if you do like it, please do spread the word and let others know. If you could even put something positive on Amazon?s review system, even better!

Thanks in advance

Mark Cowan