1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A four year old's comment on first day at school.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by -, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Guest

Well I know I cant read and write but now they won't let me talk either.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Well I know I cant read and write but now they won't let me talk either.

3. My friend commented that her son thought that after one day he had 'done' school but she added"But they didn't tell him it was a life-sentence!"

4. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

One of ours said after day 1, "It was OK, but I'm not going back there."

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

[​IMG]

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I often think that too!

7. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

My aunt loves to tell the story of Mum's first day at school....
    Mum was eager to start school, but halfway through the morning there was a break for 'second breakfast' (sort of like elevenses) and Mum gathered up her coat and bag and went home.
    Omi was understandably shocked to see Mum back so early and asked what had happened.
    'Nothing," said Mum 'But they were just doing reading and sums and I can do them....I'll go back when the teacher has something to teach me!'

8. Eldest daughter came out of school on her first day looking very unimpressed and declared "I've been at school ALL day and I can't even read and write yet!".

9. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Family folklore has it that Mr.M.'s first words after her first day as a 5 year old were "I didn't have a cup of tea all day!".

10. My son's words were "We had to sit down ALL day".

11. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

My grandson aged 6 has decided he doesnt need to go to school for a year....it seems he knows all they are teaching and its boring and the teacher is as well...ps he also wanted to go and work with his dad becuse his dad plays with computers all day and he like computers!

12. haha, he has started early, olds.

My son decided in year 3 that he had learnt all there was school could teach him and that it was just a waste of time, when he could be practising piano all day (much more useful in his opinion).