1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A few questions about planning from a new teacher.

Discussion in 'Scotland - Primary' started by Fmurray1, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Fmurray1

Fmurray1 New commenter

Hello,

I've been offered a post teaching in Scotland, I'm a new teacher, I've only been teaching for one year and it was in England. I know about CFE and the E's and O's, but I was wondering are there any websites for CFE with example medium and long term plans that teachers use to guide them about what to actually teach? For example last year my colleague and I would use Hamilton trust to guide us, as it sets out topics to cover by year group, and resources to use. It was particularly useful for literacy with age appropriate books, poems and stories to study. I don't feel very confident that I would know how to approach planning without a bit of guidance like this, particularly as I'll be working in a one form entry school. Here go my questions.
    I did a placement in Scotland during my PGCE and the staff were in the process of building the curriculum, what does that actually mean?
    Is it just medium/long term plans that a school has created for their staff to use?
    Do teachers in Scotland ever use planning sites for the English curriculum like Hamilton, and just tailor the content to fit with E's and O's?

I'm sure it'll become clear when I go in for some handover days, but just panicking a bit. I'd also be interested to hear if teachers who are used to the English system prefer teaching in Scotland.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. sir2006

sir2006 New commenter