1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A feeling of being jinxed...

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by sebedina, Nov 13, 2018.

1. sebedina

sebedina Occasional commenter

I have been at the school for a few weeks...although I am getting the feeling that there is a "gremlin" or little "demon" following me around and jinxing things for me as I go...

Scenarios:
    .1. I have a bad throat and I am ill and show up to school anyhow, as don't want to let them down only to have SLT and HOD turn up to Period 1 unannounced for a "learning walk" and observe me (even though they know I am only on supply. Not only do I have to teach while being ill and be observed, but then I also end up having ICT problems so had no laptop or! projector. Just "talked" through the whole lesson while they stayed for the whole lesson ...

2. photocopying : I eventually get the right printing code... I turn up to photocopy but the photocopier doesn't work.. it doesn't recognise my pin... so I go to another photocopier, this time it recognises my pin but doesn't photocopy.... I have 2 minutes to collect the kids from the playground...uurrgh....

3. Incident 3. I plan my lesson. Feel smug and happy. Find out the the "I.T. system" is "down" and I can't use my PP or any of my resources, can't log detentions and can't get on SIMS either.... (it was a whole school issue)... another crappy day...

4. The next day... My laptop refuses to play ball... I get a replacement... a "Chrome"... I find out that the "Chrome" refuses to recognise my memory stick... apparently we have to use the "proper" computers in the staff room to "upload" stuff from our memory sticks...

5. Another day... I lost my "free" PPA time to cover another subject...(so when am I supposed to be planning??)

6. I lost another PPA time to cover another teacher's absence...

What is next...??? I am seriously wondering what is going on.... My Asda shopping was "cancelled" last minute by Asda... so I will have no food in the house. Ended up eating out and spending £30 for myself and my child. (they gave me a £10 sorry voucher_)

I am seriously thinking I am being "jinxed" at every turn.... very odd..

agathamorse likes this.
  2. sebedina

Do you believe in "bad luck" or do you think "demons" exist?? I know it sounds bizarre... I have been watching a lot of on youtube recently... but I am getting fed up of things going wrong after I meticulously plan things.

agathamorse likes this.
  3. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

Sounds like a pretty ordinary day to me.

I'd give the youtube vids a miss though.

4. sebedina

LOL. Thank you. It makes feel better...

agathamorse and needabreak like this.
  5. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

That's good.

agathamorse likes this.
  6. -LittleMiss-

-LittleMiss- New commenter

everyone has bad days, some more than others...dont read too much into it otherwise it might start making you crazy

needabreak and agathamorse like this.