1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A drowsy numbness pains my sense

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by Spanakopita, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Spanakopita

Spanakopita New commenter

As though of hemlock I had drunk. I feel very achey and tired and am finding it hard not to nod off. This is most unusual. Can it be the humidity or a mystery bug? Any suggestions?

2. Sounds viral.

3. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Or might it be a plague..... do you have multiple houses?

4. Yes she does. There is a blue plague on each one stating that Nutella lived here.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Jeeze, Lily, I'm not dead yet!

6. A cure! A miracle! Huzzah!

7. Sounds like me, first thing in the morning!
    Have you been busy lately? (I know when I have been doing lots I am fine at the time, but a few days later I have an 'I am completely knackered' day. An age thing.) Could it be that?
    If strong coffee doesn't buck you up and the 'hemlock-drowsy' condition persists, see the doc for blood tests?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Could be that. I've had a lot on for the past 10 days. Coffee does stop me falling over sideways. I think it's probably the wear and tear of life, Archy! Nice to see you back from your hols. Hope you had a good time.

9. mandala1

See... you just ruined my joke. A plague on your house too.

10. anteater

anteater New commenter

Or is it just the onset of autumn? [​IMG]

11. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Maybe, anteater. Come to think of it, my eyes are feeling a bit misty and mellow though I can't say I'm fruitful.

12. Leukaemia maybe?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

i sincerely hope not.

14. mandala1

Nah..... it's (take your pick) a virus/your time of life/a virus. (Seriously..... Leukaemia????)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

i was in a mini cab today; the driver told me that his mother had always been very healthy but recently her blood had turned to water and she had no blood left at all. perhaps that's what's happened to me. just a guess.

16. Or maybe your blood has turned sour, that can happen. There was an article in The Lancet about it in 1816.
    I suggest you eat more fresh meat. Free range low, fat meat is the best. Like cat or swan.
    You'll be feeling chipper in no time.

17. anteater

anteater New commenter

It is illegal to eat swan, GalaxyRider. We don't want nutella going to prison...(and having an excuse to get out of her knee op!)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

i never eat any meat at all but, if i did, i would, of course, ensure that it was fresh.