1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A distinct lack of motivation.

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Jaupua, May 17, 2011.

1. Jaupua

Jaupua New commenter

National Curriculum tests are done and yet there's still another nine weeks left. Yawn. I handed my notice in weeks ago, and work seems like an unwelcome distraction from all the huge amount of exciting things I've still got to do before I leave for foreign lands.

I know, I know, I know! I'm a professional, paid to do a job, motivation comes from within, think of the children, etc, etc, etc!

But still .....

2. groovybob

groovybob New commenter

have a go at some of the more off the wall mini projects or lessons you dont normaly get to do.
    experiment
    as a science teacher in your exact position i'm doing exactly that!!!
    stuff the ofsted model of a good/outstanding lesson or your schools marking policy or anything else that would dictate your normal lessons and go nuts.
    the kids will have fun too.
    and you may find some Gems to try next year!!!

Groovy! [​IMG]

3. David Getling

David Getling Lead commenter

Excellent, idea, groovy. As a maths teacher, I'd certainly be able to find plenty of stuff that's off the beaten track. Out of curiosity, I'm wondering what subject the OP teaches.

4. I'll swap. My assessments are still to be done, then my judgements scrutinised by the local authority (we are being moderated) then training the successors to my various roles, then the pupil progress meetings, then the data analysis, then the reporting to the SIP, then the presentation to the governors... why am I leaving? - I don't have time to remember.