1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A delicate question about knickers and Pippa Middleton.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Richie Millions, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Dear Readers I apologise if this seems indelicate and potentially a little vulgar but ............

When you have the figure of a goddess and a dress unmatched in its beauty is it possible to wear it with knickers on or do you think she went without? I have no experience of these matters and ask in all seriousness.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

No you don't!

3. It gets a bit draughty up the trancept.

4. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

I would imagine she wore a thong. It's what these young things do. Apparently the VPL is avoided.

5. Some fine satin ones maybe?
    Could she have gone commando in front of the queen?

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

You be the judge
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

I feel regency with brave directness you have asked the question the world strains to know the answer too. The age old dilemma, fashion or decorum but at a whole new level of protocol.

8. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

9. I would imagine that when you're that naturally slim, you could quite happily go commando.
    I on the other hand would feel horrible without my knickers on. I rely on them to suck everything in and up! [​IMG]

10. Ettiquete would suggest discretion in front of HM

11. inky

inky Lead commenter

Sorry to put the dampeners on this discussion but waist-high knickers or camiknickers would both do as an alternative to going commando.

12. Eeeek. You really think she has the 'figure of a goddess' - honestly? Not my idea of a wonderful figure...she is rake thin..did you see her sideways on?
    And as for the dress - it was 'unmatched in it's beauty'? Can't say I thought that about it either Richie. We'll have to agree to disagree. [​IMG]
    She probably wore a thong on wire braces or something...there was no vpl, or even a thong strap line. [​IMG]

13. Looking at the pics...that dress wasn't a floppy one, was it? I imagine it had some slight re-inforcing - a taffeta facing built-in or something. That would disguise undergarments.
    Oh, perhaps she wore one of those Gok Wan body-shapers under it? There would be no fat to be squeezed out in the thigh or upper torso region, would there?
    Hmm. It is a bit of a mystery...a question which should be answered. [​IMG]

14. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket New commenter

I was also wondering about what Pippa could have been wearing. I did ponder about Spanx but they have a seam right down the middle and that would have shown through. I expect a built-in lining is quite plausible.

Shame the same can't be said for Fiona Bruce. Whilst she was talking to Boris you could not only see the knicker line at the bottom but also where the waist band was cutting into her stomach under her dress.

15. When I was watching the wedding I found myself praying that Pippa wasn't due her period.

16. Oh, and I LOVED Edith Bowman's quilted circle skirt. I covet it.

17. Thank goodness someone else admitted to that, CK.
    My OCD has been working overtimne this past few weeks, and I had put this thought down to yet another one of my inappropriate thoughts, lol.
    I was actually tempted to post here earlier, that wearing no underwear, under a pure white dress like that, would not be advisable, as it would be so easily marked.
    As Arched Eyebrow said though,when you look closely at the dress, it wasn't made of flimsy material at all, it actually looked quite heavy. The capped sleeves sat that way on their own, and certainly would not have, had the material been flimsy.

18. Ah, that's who that was, I spent all day trying to figure that out. I do like her.

19. Ha ha :)