1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Decade of The Tories.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JL48, Dec 7, 2019.

1. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

In a democracy it would be acceptable, do you prefer the alternative?

Kandahar likes this.
  2. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

3. needabreak

No surely four sit on the floor and you take a load off, then they/you swap, resilliance gained and co-operation learned, unless they are adults then they should bring their spare camp chairs for the big family get together and bring a pot luck dish to boot. Or you could ask your neighbours for chairs and their spare bedroom to house 50% of your family because they have a 3 bed house with no children of their own and are financially much better off than you.

LondonCanary and Kandahar like this.
  4. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

surely labour would be "take three chairs off a person with a billion chairs"?

JL48, artboyusa and Kandahar like this.
  5. needabreak

Or anyone with more chairs than they need because everyone with a billion chairs has left the country.

artboyusa and Kandahar like this.
  6. lanokia

lanokia Star commenter

True... if I have 7 chairs but only one bottom then the government is fully entitled to take 6 chairs off me for the chairless

artboyusa, Kandahar and needabreak like this.
  7. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

How about if we burn all the chairs and then no one has more chairs than anyone else? That's fair, right?

Kandahar likes this.
  8. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

9. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

In my experience, the sort of people who would own a billion chairs are the sort of people who would struggle to find people wishing to occupy them.

Maybe we might ask the question of those with a billion chairs, whether they might be prepared to lend a few of them to homeless charities so homeless people could share a decent Christmas dinner.

What's the betting they'd only make them available if the charity wanted to rent them and demand a rental contract far in excess of what it's possible to rent a home for these days?

The only thing your vote is worth is to rid us of the shysters who have been damaging your life. If you voted for Brexit, it was probably because you wanted the misery to go away.

Just vote to remove the shower of shitt in government out of power for for all time, and Brexit will have done all that you ever hoped.

10. needabreak

It is a shame your experience of some wealthy people is like that. I was watching "Inside Bill's Brain" recently and was really interested to see how someone so successful and wealthy was trying to improve the life expectancy and living conditions of the worlds poor... I mean absolute poor not relatively poor westerners with education, infastructure and healthcare envied around the world.

Kandahar likes this.
  11. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

Tsk, no, they really aren't that harsh.
    What they can do is take 5 chairs off you and leave you with 2 chairs even though you only have 1 bottom, because they're generous like that; just in that scenario you would have to pay the Spare Chair Tax, which is currently set at £99,000.00 per month unless you are unemployed and in that case you can pay £98, 999.99.
    Never has a social conscience been more apparent.

slingshotsally likes this.
  12. needabreak

Oh I think you'll find there are plenty of people who would love to sit on them but they will be busy criticising those with more chairs than them and finding ways to get them off them so they can sit on them with as little effort as possible instead of focusing on how to limit their family size for the sake of themselves and the planet or utilise their State provided education to find ways to aquire their own, then if all else fails they will be calling for a revolution that takes away the chairs others have in order to satisfy the needs of their large family because when they had their 6th, 7th and 8th child they forgot they only had 7 chairs and that there was free contraception but its only fair that those who limited their family size and made different life choices should pay for the three chairs that are needed isn't it.

You may know lots of people with a billion chairs, but I know a great many with not enough to seat their family.

13. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Don't think about chairs and word games.

Think about children not having enough food.

That's the reality for some in my school now, and in many others.

14. Kandahar

Kandahar Lead commenter

Oddly enough, I see pupils with top of the range phones and litre bottles of Coke. They never seem bothered about eating a decent meal.

artboyusa likes this.
  15. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

Wouldn't it be nice if supermarkets did special offers that instead of saying "Buy one get one free" said "Buy one and we'll donate one to our food bank bin."?

monicabilongame and Scintillant like this.
  16. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

People can already do that themselves. Buy one donate one.

needabreak and Kandahar like this.
  17. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Why? What do I expect? I have to sa it's unnerving being in the presence of the mindreader extraordinaire.

18. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

Yet one conservative thinker is calling for the Conservative party's abolition. (The DUP aint impressed neither.)

19. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Yes, they represent all pupils in Britain.

There are no hungry children. I mean, you've seen some with coke and phones. Stands to reason Morse.

vannie, monicabilongame and JL48 like this.
  20. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

You should realise that the children in question were on the public omnibus, and were probably going to a state school! In some people's minds, that means they are part of the poor underclass . . .