1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A Decade of The Tories.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by JL48, Dec 7, 2019.

1. JL48

JL48 Star commenter

2. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Somebody needed to say it.

mathsmutt, JL48 and Duke of York like this.
  3. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    Stiltskin, alex_teccy, Lala24 and 4 others like this.
  4. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

I should perhaps explain that the video above, by Michael Spicer, is one of a series based on the notion that BoJo pauses in his answers in order to receive directions in a hidden earpiece from "the room next door". Altogether more pleasant than the swearing idiot in the video of post #1, who portrays tory opponents as so unlikeable that he is likely, if anything, to convince more to vote tory!

alex_teccy, Kandahar, nomad and 2 others like this.
  5. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

If this election has given us anything, at least we finally have an answer to the timeless riddle of "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

He saw Andrew Neil coming.

bevdex, mathsmutt, Alice K and 14 others like this.
  6. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

:D:D:D

mathsmutt, JL48, Jamvic and 3 others like this.
  7. janavis467

janavis467 New commenter

8. janavis467

janavis467 New commenter

There is absolutely NOTHING that would convince me to vote Tory. Ever.

moggycat, Nellyfuf2, JL48 and 5 others like this.
  9. needabreak

Its preaching to the converted when it's the unconverted that will really matter next week. Its a shame Labour supporters don't get that simple fact, it just takes them slipping out of indoctrinated comrade mode for a week, but will they do it? No, because they don't really want the support of people who don't wholly subscribe to their doctrine so it's easier to offer financial bribes at every level ignoring the longer term effects of such economic activity... they say working class voters are stupid to vote Tory but the Labour party's bribes are just as insulting.

Kandahar and LondonCanary like this.
  10. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Best election broadcast so far, by some distance. :)

11. needabreak

Were you considering voting for anyone other than Labour?

Kandahar and LondonCanary like this.
  12. magic surf bus

After the LibDems turned fascist (mother knows best, ignore the referendum), No. :)

As much as I dislike leaving the EU, I think the far greater danger will be people losing faith in democracy.

sodalime, nomad and monicabilongame like this.
  13. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

To avoid any confusion
    upload_2019-12-7_10-35-59.jpeg
    Benito Mussolini

[​IMG]
    Jo Swinson

14. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

The Conservative party has suspended 14 members for posting Islamophobic or racist comments on internet amid accusations of “insititutional Islamophobia” in the party.

Accusations of racism and Islamophobia have dogged the Tory Party in recent years amid calls for an inquiry.

Yesterday the Tory Party came under criticism for allowing an activist suspended for “vile” racist comments to stand as a councillor.

Peter Lamb is to sand as a councillor for Harlow District Council in May. He had been suspended for Islamophobic tweets including “Islam like alcoholism [sic]. The first step to recovery is admit you have a problem” and “Turkey buys oil from ISIS. Muslims sticking together.”

Former Tory co-chair Baroness Warsi told PoliticsHome yesterday that Islamophobia has become “institutional” within the Conservative Party.

“I have been raising these issues for over 3 years and yet still the Party fails to act. We now have daily examples of the most vile racist and Islamophobic comments from both elected representatives and members and still the Party remains in denial,” said the Conservative peer.

“And whilst the comments and actions of individuals are disturbing what’s even more hurtful and worrying is my Party’s complete lack of political will to even acknowledge the extent of the challenge we face. This rot is institutional and it’s why I have been urging the Prime Minister and others to hold an Independent Inquiry.”

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/n...ophobic-or-racist-comments-on-internet/05/03/

So where is the public outrage? Where are the front-page spreads? Where are the 20 minute questionings on the Today programme on the subject? Nope - nothing.

At least four ministers have gone on election campaigning trips to endorse Tory candidates facing allegations of Islamophobia since the claims against them came to light, the Guardian has learned.

In constituency visits that appear to contradict Boris Johnson’s repeated claim that the party has a “zero tolerance” stance on the issue, Sajid Javid, Matt Hancock, Andrea Leadsom and Thérèse Coffey have thrown their weight behind the accused candidates – all of whom are fighting in key marginal battlegrounds.

Incidents include one candidate who argued that Muslims have divided loyalties, as well as blaming immigrants for bringing HIV to Britain, and another who retweeted posts from former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson.

Johnson himself has also posed shaking hands with a Conservative candidate accused of sending an anti-Muslim tweet to Nobel Peace prize winner, Malala Yousafzai, 22. It is understood the photograph was taken after the party became aware of the tweet.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...sters-back-candidates-accused-of-islamophobia

afterdark and vannie like this.
  15. needabreak

I didn't get part the first bit where you said they were suspended, I'd say that's a result and beats a long term investigation or worse still promotion to head up Race and Faith in the party.

Kandahar and nomad like this.
  16. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

When everyone is racist, who does one vote for?

17. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

The greater longer term negative effects on our economy will be as a result of voting the Tories to an election win, leading to leaving the EU. The outcome of repeated lies.

MAGAorMIGA likes this.
  18. magic surf bus

A difficult question - all racists look the same to me.

19. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Cheer up - we are about to get another 5 years of them featuring the most dishonest leader and most inept cabinet we have ever had to suffer with.

It's gonna be so much fun.

20. Kandahar

Kandahar Star commenter

Desperate childishness.

artboyusa likes this.