1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A day off

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3372, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Finally got round to taking a day off in lieu (only about another 30 to go, ha ha) and pottered around, went for breakfast, had a bath, read a book, been for a walk, tidied and cleaned up, did dome knitting and now...I am bored out of my skull.
    How the heck do you you lot fill six weeks?
    I get restless within a day!

2. Finally got round to taking a day off in lieu (only about another 30 to go, ha ha) and pottered around, went for breakfast, had a bath, read a book, been for a walk, tidied and cleaned up, did dome knitting and now...I am bored out of my skull.
    How the heck do you you lot fill six weeks?
    I get restless within a day!

3. anon468

anon468 New commenter

I'll give you something to do!!!!!!!

4. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

As the saying goes: "You gotta practise..." [​IMG]

5. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

I'm currently spending my half-term marking assessments :(

(Multi-tasking with being on here, of course!)

6. Please don't give me your ironing. I am not THAT bored!

7. anon468

anon468 New commenter

You will never take my ironing from me. I LIKE ironing (I'm odd like that). [​IMG]
    It's what my mum always used to say to me when I wailed 'I'm bored' in the holidays. Swiftly followed by some fun-filled activity such as... ironing. [​IMG]

8. Ha ha! I loathe ironing.
    Yes, my Mum used to say that to me too. I say it to my own kids.
    And yet here I am, only a piddly day to get through and I am tapping my fingers thinking "God, how to get through the day..."
    I really do have things to do - you know...ironing, washing windows.

9. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Ah, forget those things! Go for a nice long walk. Or, even better, have a relaxing hot bath with a glass of wine and a good book. Mmmmm, might do that myself!

10. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Extremely easily.

11. But what do you do??
    Maybe I am just a restless soul.

12. I already did all that this morning!

13. catmother

catmother Star commenter

I must admit to be very good at lounging about. Sleeping late and watching tv take care of most of a day off. Throw in internet/books and music,there is barely any need to go out as fas as I'm concerned.I've never understood the need some people seem to have to always be doing things!

14. I am a bit like this in that I cant just sit and watch TV - but I do fill my time pottering around the internet and playing little games (Try Peggle, and Plants Vs Zombies for amusing time fillers!)

15. ah, I got up at 7 instead of 5.30.
    I did all that going out, doing things by lunch time.
    I am not good at lounging around. Whilst posting here, I have just decluttered my wardrobe.

16. No, nor me Catmother.[​IMG]
    I can just 'be'...and not become bored. I don't have to be constantly busy or doing something. I can fill my minutes with idle day dreaming but in between times and necessary housework I'll always find something to occupy my mind, which isn't always productive, but means I have spent my day well and pleasantly.
    OK, so crossword puzzles, surfing online, reading the paper, talking to the cat, making pots of tea etc is what I plan to be doing this afternoon until man arrives. I had a walk this morning - to the Doctor's and back, for prescription medication, I am up to date with as much housework and laundry as needs doing, and an idle afternoon doing nothing much is for me complete bliss rather than 'boring'.

17. *hatches a plot to kidnap the always-active CQ and make her my house slave* [​IMG]

18. LOL!
    I honestly am not good at just sitting around.
    I am now tidying the hallway...I am mad.

19. catmother

catmother Star commenter

That's exactly me too! retirement will come very easy to me. Pity that it keeps disappearing in the horizon.

20. Awww. Sorry catmother. I know I was lucky to get out early. I hear so many people in their 50s saying they feel their retirement has been pushed further back as the recession deepens. My state pension will probably be paid to me when I am 85 the way things are going!
    I am so glad I don't have to rush about in the morning any more. Oh I can be as efficient as anything if I have to be, I can work like a Trojan too, and I have perfectionist tendencies...(gawd only knows where they came from!) but I think 'slow' and 'unproductive' is my natural mode, and I am not fighting it!