1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A daily iPad master

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by pipipi, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Great idea.

Unfortunately I've got one of those desk drawers that only has pens and rulers and a few paperclips. But if you've got any more iPads just sitting around feel free to send one to me.

More seriously. I think it's the way of the future. Not quite sure how it fits in with exams and so on, but if I imagine a classroom in 20,30 years I'm sure they'll all have something like an iPad. The more you get used to it, comfortable with it, can only be a good thing. How you let it get used/abused will be interesting.
    But credit for trying!

2. The IT/network manager realised a year or two ago that he had a bit of spare budget for "special projects" so he took it on himself to buy 15 iPads (the first generation ones, which were relatively low price since the 2nd gen had just been released). They were supposed to be a shared resource, but due to apathy from most other depts they have since been adopted by the maths department!
    They are, in honesty, quite underused and I don't want to use them for the sake of it but for a genuine benefit. I think that this is a good starting point.