1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A couple of questions

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by wookster, Jan 23, 2019.

1. wookster

wookster New commenter

Yes I've had the AWR thrown at me and then only mp6. Also if I take on extra stuff such as planning and subject leadership then up3 is a possibility. I think the words used are I'm not entitled to be paid at my previous rate... it's not about entitlement! . other agencies have offered to send my cv elsewhere but nothing much at the moment and even then they only pay 150 for longer term stuff.
    But you are not too far from the truth I can't manage on 120 a day it's pitiful.

I could get more not teaching !

2. agathamorse

agathamorse Senior commenter

The only problem with that approach is that in some parts of the country there are lots of supply teachers and not a lot of work. If you make yourself more expensive than the rest you don't get any work.

BetterNow and install like this.
  3. wookster

wookster New commenter

One school I worked in the supply was being paid 200 a day and I'm like how ! I can't get anywhere near that Its annoying !

BetterNow and agathamorse like this.
  4. greeneyes

greeneyes Occasional commenter

I only got UPS 2 and that was through a rather new agency. I asked how he’d managed it and he just said that was what they were charging the school. The agency wasn’t one of the massive chains so I wonder if 3 years on they’d be quite so willing to get you UPS 2.