1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A confused President?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by chelsea2, Oct 15, 2018.

1. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

Codswallop!
    (The politest response I can think of.)

NO Christian whom I know (and I know many) supports Trump or his works. Quite the opposite. Indeed, my own postings on the subject have been criticised by some.

Many Christians in America share those sentiments.

2. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Many more Christians in the USA voted for him.

3. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

I'm sure if many Trump voters read an anonymised 'Sermon on the Mount' that would think they were reading a communist manefesto and have the author jailed for being 'unAmerican'.

EDIT:Identifying as a Christian and actually being one are two completely different things.

MAGAorMIGA, Geoff Thomas and chelsea2 like this.
  4. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I am sure they would recognize the sermon on the mount for what it was and from whom it came.

5. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

55% - not a huge majority.
    And Hispanic Catholics certainly didn't!! (26%)

6. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

A majority never the less. Hispanics were concerned about the border issue and possibly their legal/illegal status. Religion had zero to next to zero to do with it.

7. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

ALL Hispanic Catholics?
    And you know that for sure?

8. Nanook_rubs_it

Nanook_rubs_it Star commenter

I doubt it.
    Do you think that Jesus would endorse evangelist Pat Robinson's (and many others) view that one persons life wasn't worth endangering a multi-million dollar arms deal for (or even selling arms for that matter?

chelsea2 likes this.
  9. MAGAorMIGA

MAGAorMIGA Star commenter

Funny how over 80% of Evangelicals voted for him then. By their deeds shall ye know them - and in voting for, and winking at his pathological lying, Evangelical Christians show their true colours.

10. MAGAorMIGA

On the contrary, the "sad cases" are those purported Christians who are devotees of the Cult of Trump. He is the living embodiment of everything the founder of their religion opposed, and in giving him uncritical adulation and unswerving loyalty they are disgracing the religion they profess.

chelsea2 likes this.
  11. peakster

peakster Star commenter

But he's brought them the means to strike down the abortion laws in America by appointing judges like Kavanaugh

That's why they love him.

The religious right are very deranged people.

12. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

Just not very bright. A president calling it a hoax is just about the most stupid thing you can imagine. Completely undignified, ignorant and lacking in any intelligence whatsoever.

A hoax. Perpetuated by climate scientists from Chile to China. All independently falsifying their data to prove the Earth is warming due largely to anthropogenic CO2 and publishing their findings independently via thousands of papers in a large number of journals every year.

13. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Strange when you observe what globalism is, yet you condemn those who believe in their nation rather than some form of universal dictatorship which has no direct mandate from the people. Trump has a mandate from his people.

14. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

15. MAGAorMIGA

What's the nation got to do with it? Do you think Trump believes in and is devoted to his nation? If so why doesn't he pay his due taxes to it? Why is his Trump merchandise not manufactured in America? Trump believes in America only as long as America serves his interests. In truth Trump is devotedly loyal to one thing only - himself, his wealth, his power, his aggrandisement.

FrankWolley likes this.
  16. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

As far as Trump is concerned and indeed Brexit, everything.

17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Yes.

18. MAGAorMIGA

Well I don't. As I said, Trump believes in himself alone. As for those Christians who are devoted to their nation, what is more important to them, their nation and its leader or their God and their religion? Shouldn't the answer be more obvious than it is?

chelsea2 likes this.
  19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Render unto Caesar..............................You know the rest.

20. chelsea2

chelsea2 Star commenter

So much of what Trump says and does goes against Christ's teaching.
    Where there's a conflict, the way forward IS obvious.
    If you're a Christian, no earthly nation comes before working towards the Kingdom of God.