1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

a compliment to the drive or........?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by grandelf, Jan 23, 2011.

1. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Just a random thought after spending most of yesterday on the motorway with the in-laws sleep in the back of the car.

is it a compliment to the driver that a person will happily fall to sleep in the back of the car or a 'insult' because I am not providing a stimulating conversation to keep people awake.

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

Just a random thought after spending most of yesterday on the motorway with the in-laws sleep in the back of the car.

is it a compliment to the driver that a person will happily fall to sleep in the back of the car or a 'insult' because I am not providing a stimulating conversation to keep people awake.

3. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

It is a compliment to your relaxed driving style, and the trust that they have in you

and a searing indictment of your God-awful choice in music

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I have to stay awake when someone else is driving so that I can operate the invisible brake and brace myself at regular intervals for the impending crashes when the invisible brakes fail to work.

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

It could be an indictment of your inability to prevent exhaust fumes from leaking into the back of your car...

6. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

It is a decided advantage if you are a hearse driver

7. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

you mean I'm not meant to have the pipe running from the exhaust to the back windows?

8. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

I deeply resent anyone trying to stop me from sleeping in the car. It's the best possible use of time spent on a motorway.

9. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

Take it as a compliment, they obviously trust you or...

they're very old and fall asleep easily ;)

10. I also cant bear to be asleep when someone else is driving - but its not because I dont trust them, its because if im tired enough to fall asleep I worry that they will also fall asleep so feel its my part to talk inanely every so often to keep them awake!

11. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

I always ask if it is OK for me to have a snooze before nodding off.

12. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

Oooh me too! [​IMG]

13. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Do you have to sit on a cushion to see out of the window? And if you do how do you work the pedals? LOL

14. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

blazer you know the answer!
    [​IMG]

15. I always ask if it is OK for me to have a snooze before nodding off.

Grandelf, whilst I really think it is sweet of you to be so polite, I think snoozing whilst driving could be quite dangerous.