1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A comfy shoes thread?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mandala1, Oct 10, 2015.

1. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

I need comfy shoes - my feet are suffering. Please can you advise good makes?
    Thanks
    M

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I can recommend Ecco or Hotters for comfort. Best to look during sales time though as they are expensive.

3. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

I find Hotter shoes..... all ok... you just have to pick your style and colour. Their ankle boots are lovely and toasty warm and have lasted well. (Prob wise to avoid the velcro ones......... ) Have been to their York shop ....if you Google them you can see if they have any branches area you.... )

4. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Yeah. Those. Also. Inevitably. Clarks.

5. mandala1

Thanks

6. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

Also Art Company, Birkenstock and Camper.

7. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

North Face hedgehog walking sandals (can walk through water in them but I wouldn't recommend snow)

8. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

Clarks unstructured range. Best shoes I ever bought for my 12 hr shifts, now all the other nurses and HCAs have bought them too. Don't pay full price, they are often on discount.

9. Lara mfl 05

Didn't realise Clarks were still in production. Are Hush Puppies, because they were comfortable too?

10. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I've got some Hotter ankle boots in teal with a 30% discount.
    What? Are you having a laugh?

11. Lara mfl 05

Didn't realise Clarks are still in production.
    Not at all Inky. Mind you I don't go shopping very often.

12. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

13. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

My police shoes were very comfy - and oddly so were/are my steel toe-capped boots. Could wear those all day no probs.

14. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

I've been shuffling round Ally Pally all day in my Vans and my feet don't hurt!

monicabilongame likes this.
  15. xena-warrior

xena-warrior Star commenter

Hotter Jewel pumps. Since my knees jumped ship, I've been stuck in flats except for special occasions. These are neat and comfy. £72.

16. davidbowiefan

davidbowiefan Established commenter

Marks and Spencer insolia flex. They are more padded than normal insolia and recommended by the College of Podiatrists. I lived in their sandals all summer. Clarks unstructured range are also very good.

17. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Star commenter

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Waldläufer-...8&qid=1444547531&sr=1-132&keywords=waldläufer

I bought these in Austria this summer.
    Austria, I discovered, is a paradise for people like me with fairly wide feet. So many shoes in the UK are a D width whereas I cannot entertain any shoe less than an E. Over there, there are plenty of wider-fitting shoes that are also very comfy and well-made.
    You may not have the wide-feet problem, Mandela, but I would recommend Waldlaufer as a very good brand.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  18. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I also have a couple of pairs of Skechers, they are very comfortable, I could walk all day in them. I find Birkenstocks comfortable too but I know a lot of people don't.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  19. mandala1

Thanks everyone. I am actually still in my Birkenstocks - toes are just beginning to be a little cold.

20. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Established commenter

I was very disappointed with my hotter shoes. The soles were comfy but the backs of them were very high and cut the back of my heel. I wore them for a week and gave up. And no, it wasn't that they were too small, they were a perfect fit.

I vote for skechers, especially the new memory foam ones.

I bought boots from Art Company years ago, the style I bought is now made by neosens. I have shoes in the same style 'family' and I love them - very comfortable with a mid-height heel. They're not cheap but my first pair of boots lasted me six or seven winters with wear nearly every day.