1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A British finalist!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon468, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Jonha

Jonha New commenter

I am in Canada but often check the BBC site and I am pretty sure you can see the match on the website - live. Well, so long as you have a British IP address. I would be very surprised if the BBC do not also put it on terrestrial tv, but you never know. I can remember last time I was in Britain, the BBC put a massively one sided woman's final on BBC1.....then would not show Federer v Nadal the next day, despite this being the biggest match of the year. But they will be under extreme pressure to show this match, and it should be cheap(ish) for them, due to the time difference.

2. Jonha

Jonha New commenter

Crossed with Bauble's post. Get your alarm clock set......

3. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Still in bed at 08:15?
    Blimey, try staying in bed after 7 when you have three dogs

4. anon468

anon468 New commenter

My dog's an even lazier little trollope than me. I get out of bed and she stays put!

5. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

We only have to shake the food box and they jump to attention

6. I've never been to bed with three dogs....I've woke up with a few. :¬))

7. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

Yes, er must dash, Matron's about

8. Fan of Andy Gray's are you?

9. Only between '79 and '83

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Yes, that works with my spouse too. It's amazing.

11. Ah well, let's hope Andy wins this and then Wimbledon ... and a few times more. Then little baby Andy's win it in the future.
    ... and the southern British public count another 75 years in the passing ... ah, worth another Talisker that thought!

12. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

LOl. We got a cat like that. He's also incredibly fortuitous, but alas, he waddles, slightly splay legged.
    He's a luckfilledfattypuss!

13. blazer

blazer Star commenter

I thought he was a Scot? Hasn't he said that he is not British? What happened didn't the good players enter?

14. Nadal's hamstring blew up - out in straight sets.
    Roger played reasonably , but Djokovic is on fire. If he plays the same way on Sunday, Andy'll be trying to roll out of the way of the bulldozer.

15. If you mean Nadal and Federer, they were knocked out.
    Point?

16. One of the things I really like about Andy Murray is that he p¡sses so many people off.

17. Jonha

Jonha New commenter

I think if Murray wins he could actually go on a roll of dominance in the game - he just needs to be released from the burden of 'heroic British loser' + the added pressure of being the first Brit to win a tennis match since the Ice Age. Having said that, he is an annoying player to watch as he will always, always play 'pat the ball back and wait for the opponent to miss' UNTIL he gets in trouble.....then when he opens his shoulders and goes for it, he is quite an amazing player. If he backs off against Djokovic, as Federer did, he will get beaten.

18. I agree!
    Plus BOTH my parents like him - an endorsement indeed.

19. Me too. He has this effect on them even when he's being perfectly amiable in interviews.
    Trouble is he won't be forgiven for the "anyone but England" comment - when it was actually part of his banter with Henman.
    Still, best not let accuracy stand in the way of spite.

20. What have we ever done to you? You inflicted Thatcher on us! No wonder we still bear grudges!