1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A British finalist!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon468, Jan 28, 2011.

1. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Andy Murray is through to the Aussie Open final!
    How exciting - I think this could be his big chance to clinch his first major title. Hope it's on 'normal' TV.
    Good luck Mr Murray.

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Andy Murray is through to the Aussie Open final!
    How exciting - I think this could be his big chance to clinch his first major title. Hope it's on 'normal' TV.
    Good luck Mr Murray.

3. Yeah - Andy's British today. Will he still be so-called be this time next week, I wonder...

4. Will he still be so-called this time next week, I wonder...

5. anon468

anon468 New commenter

<strike>If</strike> When he wins I'm sure he will be. [​IMG]
    I have a good feeling about this.

6. I hope the miserable Scottish twat loses.
    Not because he's from north of civilisation's outpost (Hadrian's Wall), but because he is just an unpleasant bloke, unlike almost all of the ther top male tennis players.

cyolba, cheering on the Serb :)

7. marshypops

marshypops New commenter

He's SCOTTISH.

8. Know him well, do you?

9. I have to say I agree, I can find nothing charming about the guy.

10. Shifter

Shifter New commenter

I'm with Cybola - anyone but Murray

11. Ah, people do love their grudges.

I LOVE Murray. I love his dour, tripping pus, I love the fact he doesn't court popularity, I love his monotone Dunblane accent and I love the fact people get so p*ssed off at him for not being a nice, bland, inoffensive Home Counties boy.

I also think it's funny that people pretend they're not still cross with him for his 'anyone but England' remark when he was about 20 years old. Which, by the way was in response to Tim Henman taking the mickey out of Scotland being out of the World Cup that year.

12. doomzebra

doomzebra Occasional commenter

Scotland got their independence did they?

13. Of course we English have a grudge with the Scots...it's not as if it's reciprocated.

14. Not at all. Each and every one of us love the English.

Especially Londoners.

15. Jonha

Jonha New commenter

It should be a good, tense final - as both of these players (Murray and Djokovic) get nervous when things get serious, like serving for the set or match. Murray has the additional pressure of knowing the whole tennis world is watching and waiting for a British player to win a title........not a nice feeling when needing to serve for the match, unless he is winning very easily.

16. Jeez...most English don't like Londoners.

17. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Does anyone know if the final is on terrestrial TV?

18. BBC 2 ..8:15 am Sunday

19. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oh. Forgot about the time difference!
    Bang goes my lie in.
    Ta, Baubs.