1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A boy ejaculated in my class today!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Misscynic, Sep 19, 2007.

1. grumpydogwoman

grumpydogwoman Star commenter

I'm surprised so many teachers are shocked.

It's really not uncommon in Special.

The kids are in Special because they have no clue how to interact or conform - well, some of them do and some don't. Where do they go if they get kicked out? What do they do? They are entitled to education until 16 - indeed, they MUST be educated by law.

I simply don't know what you do with them other than send them home. But their parents may work and for many of them it's not poor parenting which is responsible for their plight. What are the parents to do? Give up work?

I have no answer but it's not as easy as just excluding them. What happens next? Yes, in Special we sometimes are just child-minding. Some kids you simply can't get through to - not enough to make a difference anyway. I feel like a carer some days. But what else is there for them?

I think it's sometimes a waste of time for a qualified teacher to be put with them but that's the way it is. I dare say I'd be lynched if I suggested they had minders.

2. Good to hear all your suggestions. Those of you in SEN are not shocked, that's because you know what I'm talking about. We've seen it all, well I certainly have recently. Just a quick reply to last few suggestions,as i'm busy at present trying to write up the last 2 weeks of inappropriate behaviour for emergency meeting tomorrow am.
    Mum - she has her head in the sand. She thinks we are making it up, he doesn't do it at home! She also thinks we are making up the violence, one of my colleague is still traumatised after an attack a few months ago.
    Umbrella - yeh maybe, but i still prefer Dinx's suggestion to ask authorities for a bio-hazard suit.
    Minders - yup, great idea. This boy needs a big, burly man to manage him. Both for 'a role model' as he doesn't have a male at home and also for when he gets aggressive.

3. Have you tried throwing a bucket of cold water on him????
    Seriously.

4. The male role model is interesting.

I have one here. One of my TAs. Very reassuring.

It's amazing how some kids (thought to be unresponsive and unaware) DO appear to manage their behaviour better when they've got a big fella hovering over their shoulder!

5. Re - a bucket of water?

Well...... not quite a bucket!

6. There are some things we really don't need to know.

7. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

There are some things we don't need to have revived two years after they've been 'discussed out'

I expect the child involved has grown out of the habit by now

8. Nope...Notnicky is still a w anker.

9. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

10. I Know what you are talking about I have a student that does this everytime but I ussally let it slide because most of the class are girls only 3 boys

11. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

wow its made a comeback.....

12. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

Lol. I do miss Mortymoo though.

13. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

whatever happened to the boy in the end and the teacher?

14. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Reminds me of a lad we had in our "Moderate learning difficulty" unit. A friend of mine, a swimming teacher, working on the other side of the town, mentioned to me that we had a kid she taught coming to us (I took the MLD kids swimming once a week) She told me that if anyone told him off/whatever....he would play with himself. Naturally I warned the MLD staff who did "see" the evidence. I mustn't have scared him enough as he behaved at the pool oddly enough.

15. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Well im sure he did .probably thought you were a super hero if you wore a mask like that Helen lol

16. Jolly_Roger1

Jolly_Roger1 Star commenter

Come off it!

17. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

Now then Jolly..... I was of course a Super hero to the long list of kids I taught .... [​IMG]

(My outfit appropriate for SuperWitch" )

18. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter