1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A bit of a cheeky request but desperate...

Discussion in 'English' started by laticsbird, May 15, 2011.

1. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

...hello all - I'm absolutely burnt out and could cry at the moment. I've produced a scheme of work (full lesson plans and resources) for my department - Writing to Inform, Explain, Describe for Year 9. However, for some unknown reason, all my resources have disappeared! I'm absolutely gutted and also knackered. [​IMG]

This is a plea from the heart. Can anyone email me a replacement SOW with resources? I will be forever grateful for any help and will swap any other resources/lesson plans I have.

Many, many thanks in advance.

Here's hoping....
    x

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

When you say lost do you mean physically or that they seem to have disappeared from your computer? Have you looked in the recycle bin to see if you've deleted in error and they are there?

3. marlin

Or, you may have moved the folder by mistake into another folder. Do a search (from the start button) using one of the file names and you may be able to track it down.

4. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

Hi marlin,
    Thanks for your reply... Sorry I haven't been clear - I'm panicking and don't know whether I'm coming or going. I mean I've physically lost them. I have all the lesson plans uploaded onto my PC but the resources were a 'mish-mash' of tasks and activities from a number of books. I was about to scan the relevant pages of said books but cannot find them anywhere! I have recently had a good clear-out and moved things around. The box-file the books were in has gone.
    I could cry because I'd found appropriately matched activities linked to relevant AFs and LOs and all I had to do tonight was to scan and save the activities to each lesson plan. I needed them for tomorrow too! I'm absolutely devastated and feel a right fool. [​IMG]
    x

5. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse...
    ...I've burnt my carrots and turnips for Sunday Dinner[​IMG]

6. marlin

Don't panic - think very carefully. If the box is not where it is supposed to be then look where it couldn't possibly be!
    Do you have to have the whole scheme for tomorrow? It seems a shame to waste what you've already done if it is only resources you need. Could you just search for some new resources today for the first lesson in the hope that the box will turn up or give you more time to look again for resources for the rest of the unit?
    Otherwise have a look at the Herts Grid:
    http://www.thegrid.org.uk/learning/english/ks3/sow/year9.shtml
    I'm wondering if the unit at the very bottom of the page (scroll down - it's a long way!) Varieties of Writing might suit - but you might have the same problem of lack of resources sheets with this. But do have a look at the rest if this doesn't suit you.

7. laticsbird

laticsbird New commenter

Thanks marlin...I'm going to have a cup of tea...dish up Sunday Dinner (minus buttery carrots and turnips!) and have a good long think.
    I have no idea where the box could possible be...we went camping last week and I've a horrible feeling I may have just 'left it' in the 'to be put away' pile - so could either be in the garage or in the loft (both of which are bursting at the seams).
    Wish me luck.
    x

8. marlin

Good luck [​IMG]
    Sorry I can't be of further help - I would gladly have shared if I had what you needed.