1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

A bit concerned...

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by cupofteacher, Apr 15, 2011.

1. cupofteacher

cupofteacher New commenter

There is a vacancy at my lead school (PGCE) which I am considering applying for. Another teacher commented in surprise at how good I am at teaching, following on by saying that they were surprised I failed OFSTED. I did not fail OFSTED, another trainee in the same department on second placement did, (we switched schools) I am now concerned that the HT may think it was me that failed OFSTED, and this may go against me if I apply for the post. What would you do?

2. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I'd speak to the HT, clear it up and apply.
    Simple!

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Go and talk to the HT about applying for the post anyway. Then mention you have heard on the grapevine that there is confusion as to which student had a tricky ofsted time and you want to ensure that all official records have it clear that you weren't actually there.

Obviously you will know how the school is set up. for my comments switch HT for HOD/HOF/whoever is most appropriate.

4. peterdevon

peterdevon New commenter

What does this mean? How can a PGCE student fail OFSTED? I didn't know that OFSTED looked at individual students.

5. erp77

erp77 New commenter

ofsted usually don't observe pgce students teaching do they?

6. Thongy1

Thongy1 New commenter

Ofsted do not grade students on SBE.

7. Yes they do - known it a lot more recently