1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

9:38 am and it is as dark as night...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by justbrowsing, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Hot, dry and sunny here in Berks/Bucks border!

2. angiebabe

angiebabe Occasional commenter

Scorching here in the North West now. Have been sunbathing! Wind blowing from the west today.

3. lardylady

lardylady Star commenter

I was in the playground having PE when it started to piss it down at 10am (in Brum). It was so dark, some of the kids got confused and asked it it was nearly home time [​IMG] We ran inside and I let my class (Y1) watch the storm from the classroom. Just been sitting in the garden and it's boiling now!

4. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

It's been lovely and sunny and warm all day down here in Sussex. Perfect weather for our swimming lesson in the outdoor pool this morning. Then I spent the afternoon in the outdoor area, gardening and playing with water with some very happy 4 and 5 year olds.

5. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

I hear that Birmingham was just weird today (even weirder than normal!).

6. It is lovely here now . This morning it was just like a scene from a blockbuster Sci Fi film where the huge space ship hovers over a city, blocking out the sunlight, turning day to night and blocking all satellite communication.

7. Crowbob

Crowbob Lead commenter

Are you sure that didn't happen?

8. Now you come to mention it I did feel a bit assimilated around 3 o'clock but I put it down to a dodgy prawn salad at lunchtime.

9. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

I love thunderstorms. 2 today with lots of lightening and very loud thunder. Much more pleasant now than last nights muggy heat. It was too hot for covers even with the windows open.