1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

9-1 AQA GCSE Boundaries

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by qwerty123qwerty, Jan 29, 2018.

1. qwerty123qwerty

qwerty123qwerty New commenter

Hello everyone

I am interested to see what percentages different people are using to guess the new 9-1 boundaries when assessing students. I know we have no idea until first set of exams but just interested to see what others are estimating, especially given the old spec grades, but also looking at how low Maths and English 9-1 were last year!

I am currently using:

9 90%
    8 85%
    7 75%
    6 65%
    5 55%
    4 50%
    3 40%
    2 35%
    1 25%

Thoughts?

2. alfm786

alfm786 New commenter

Edexcel have said roughly the same number of students who achieved a 'C' in the GCSE legacy will be getting a level 4, so I have used last year's 'C' grade boundary percentage for 9-1 level 4, the 'A' grade as 7, 6 as a 'B' and filled in the gaps.

It will never be 100% accurate but a rough idea, the truth is until August this year we will not know

3. sarabeattie14

sarabeattie14 New commenter

I have the same issue am marking mocks and the AQA notice on new linear qualifications on the AQA website for (AS, A LEVEL and GCSE) states that the get a C (4) is 60 % on a combined mark for the 2 papers, which seems really harsh...

I am planning on doing something similar to you...

Anyone with additional information?